- Iraqi Ministry of Displacement and Migration says it will establish a 1,000-tent camp for displaced families in Bzaibiz.
- A security source says Iraqi forces destroyed 2 car bombs being used to attack a military unit in the Ankour area south of Ramadi. Other sources say the car bombs exploded, killing and injuring dozens of Iraqi forces members and heavy clashes erupted after that.
- A member of Qarma Council says Iraqi forces liberated Al-Jazra area northeast of Qarma, killing dozens of Daesh terrorists.
- Iraqi MoD says Iraqi Army Aviation launched airstrikes on Daesh hideouts near Al-Shiha Bridge in Qarma, killing many of them and destroying vehicles and weapons. The MoD also says Iraqi Air Force destroyed a Daesh hideout in the Falahat area.
- Baghdad Operations Command says its troops killed 16 Daesh terrorists and destroyed 5 of their hideouts in the ongoing Qarma liberation operations.
- A security source says Iraqi forces killed 7 Daesh terrorists trying to attack a checkpoint in Saba’ Kilo south of Falluja.
- The MoD says the Iraqi Air Force launched an airstrike on Falluja, killing 27 Daesh terrorists and destroying a car bomb factory.
- The MoD says the Iraqi Army’s 8th Division shelled three areas in east Ramadi, destroying 10 Daesh vehicles.
- The MoD says Iraqi Air Force destroyed a Daesh convoy trying to attack Baghdadi subdistrict near Hit.
- Jazeera Operations Commander denies the news about him leaving Iraq and says he is still fighting in his position. Local officials from Anbar ask the MoD to replace the Commander because he is “not cooperative with the tribes”.
- A member of Anbar GC asks Iraqi forces to let civilians from Falluja leave the city for more secure places. A spokesman of the PMFs says there are no civilians left in Falluja. He says Iraqi forces sacrificed the element of surprise to give civilians time to leave the city.
- A Commander of local PMFs in Anbar says Daesh started destroying the houses of the policemen and tribal fighters in Sufiyya and Juwaiba in the Ramadi outskirts.
- Iraqi Federal Police command say Federal Police supported by Iraqi Army Aviation launched a military operation near Himrin Hills, killing 13 Daesh terrorists, destroying 2 of their vehicles, and capturing some of their hideouts.
- A security source says PMFs just outside Siniyya, north of Baiji, killed 32 Daesh terrorists. The source also says the PMFs disassembled 44 IEDs on the road between Baiji and Siniyya and are moving ahead in Baiji.
- The military leader of Kata’eb Hezbollah says a new operation started today to finish liberating Baiji District.
- The MoD says Iraqi Army Aviation destroyed 2 Daesh vehicles in Baiji in addition to several hideouts.
- A security source says Iraqi forces stopped a two-car-bomb Daesh attack in Baiji center and killed the suicide bombers.
- The MoD says the Iraqi Air Force launched airstrikes on Daesh locations in Al-Basheer village, killing 38 terrorists.
- A security source says Iraqi security forces arrested one of the participants in the Speicher massacre, in northeast Baghdad.
- An MoI source says unknown armed men shot and killed an Iraqi Captain who works at the Ministry of Defense, while he was driving on a highway in east Baghdad.
- An MoI source says one civilian was killed and 6 injured when an IED exploded inside a small bus in Husseiniya in north Baghdad. A security source says 2 civilians were killed and 5 injured when an IED exploded in a popular market in Saba’ Al-Bor in north Baghdad.
- A security source says one civilian was killed and 6 injured when an IED exploded in Sheikh Omar Street in downtown Baghdad.
- A security source says a sticker IED exploded in a car belongs to the Iraqi Ministry of Trade in Mashtal in east Baghdad, killing one employee and injuring another.
- An Iraqi Police source says Iraqi security raided a Daesh hideout in Adhamiya in north Baghdad and arrested a terrorist responsible for Daesh IED operations in Mada’en.
- Daesh publishes a video of manufacturing gun silencers.
- Unconfirmed news that the body of Saddam’s deputy Tariq Aziz was “kidnapped” from Baghdad airport by a Shia militia. The body was supposed to be sent to Jordan based on Aziz’s family request.
- A security source says an IED exploded on a police patrol in Imam Wees village in Muqdadiya, northeast of Baquba, killing one policeman and injuring 4.
- The Chairman of the Subdistrict Council in Qara Tappa says the Peshmerga are taking extra security measures to prevent incidents in the town.
- An MP from Diyala says hostility against the (Sunni) displaced people is on the rise in many areas in Iraq. She says the displaced families are victims but some Iraqi politicians are trying to “mix the cards” and issue irresponsible statements against them.
- A security source says the Anti-Terrorism Force and the Peshmerga supported by Coalition air power liberated 2 villages 35 km south of Kirkuk. The source says the villages were used by Daesh to attack Iraqi forces with rockets and mortars. Another source says Iraqi forces foiled a Daesh plot to establish a training base in south Kirkuk and killed dozens of Daesh terrorists.
- Daesh publishes a video of civilian casualties of the Iraqi airstrike on Hawija.
- Daesh publishes a video of another training camp in Kirkuk.
- Ninewa Operations Commander says Iraqi forces are gathering in Baiji to start Ninewa Liberation Operations. He says the operations started with the Coalition’s airstrikes on Daesh.
The Commander also says the American A-10 has launched its first airstrike on a Daesh convoy between Tal Afar and Mosul killing more than 100 terrorists.
- Deputy Chairman of Ninewa GC says the central government refuses to share Ninewa liberation plans with the provincial government.
DaeshDaily comment: If true, this would hardly be surprising given previous experience in Mosul.
- The Director of the Sunni Endowment in Mosul says Daesh destroyed 211 places of worship in Mosul so far, including mosques, churches and temples.
- 40 KRG MPs signed a petition rejecting the UN and Iraqi government plans to build houses for displaced families in areas disputed between Iraq and the KRG.
- A Shabak MP from Ninewa says Daesh kidnapped and raped 200 Shabak and Turkmen women. He also says that 50% of Mosul people cooperated with Daesh at the beginning but half have changed their minds by now.
DaeshDaily comment: Taken at face value, this would mean that 25% are still cooperating.
- The KRG says President Barzani will not answer the questions sent by the Mosul Investigative Committee, looking into the fall of Mosul one year ago.
- Daesh publishes a video of Ninewa on the first year anniversary.
- Daesh publishes a video of their attacks on the Peshmerga near Mosul.
- The leader of Iraqi Supreme Islamic Council, Ammar Al-Hakeem, says there are “suspicious” movements intended to confuse the security situation in southern Iraq. He says some people might start demonstrations demanding services in order to create confusion in the south. He also says the security of the south and Basra is a “red line”. Deputy Prime Minister Baha’ Al-A’raji (Sadrist) said the same thing.
- A Turkish official says 13,600 Syrian people crossed the border into Turkey last week, escaping the fights between Daesh and the Syrian Kurdish forces.
- Daesh publishes a video of the fights in Aleppo.
- Daesh says its fighters retook areas in the Kobani countryside after a suicide attack.
- Daesh publishes a video of the civilian casualties in Shaddadi after the Syrian regime’s helicopter airstrikes.
- Iran’s armed forces deputy chief of staff says Iran did not provide Iraqi PMFs with Zilzal short range missiles.
- Unconfirmed news from Egypt about an attack on President Sissi’s convoy when he was returning from Sharm Al-Shaikh. The news says men in 4 cars shot at the convoy but no one was hurt.
- Morocco Ministry of Interior says security forces broke up a Daesh terrorist cell in Burkan in the east. The cell was planning to assassinate security officers according to the Ministry.
- Daesh publishes a video of its attacks in Libya.
- Daesh twitter accounts of the day