REPORTS FROM IRAQ
- A Sahwa leader says Daesh opened an elementary school for girls less than 12 years old specialized in radical teaching in downtown Falluja.
- A source in Anbar Operations Command says the security forces issued a curfew and launched a search campaign in Ameriyat Al-Falluja arresting 9 Daesh terrorists who entered the town as displaced people.
- Baghdad Operations Command says it started a large military campaign in coordination with Anbar Operations Command to liberate the areas southwest of Falluja and north Ameriyat.
- A police source in Ameriyat Al-Falluja says Iraqi Army Aviation launched airstrikes on Daesh in Zobaa’ villages east of Falluja killing dozens of terrorists and destroying their refuges and vehicles. A source in Anabr Operations Command says 13 Daesh terrorists were killed in a failed attack on a security barrier in Habbaniya east of Ramadi.
- Anbar Operations Command says the IAA destroyed a house and killed 10 Daesh terrorists in east Habbaniya. He also says Iraqi forces are preparing to enter Ramadi.
- Local sources say 3 Iraqi forces members were killed and 12 injured in the clashes in Habbaniya.
- Iraqi Government’s War Media Cell says the Iraqi 1st Rapid Intervention Unit recaptured Hitawiyeen Dam south of Falluja. Local sources say the clashes in the area are still going on. A security source says the Coalition air power supports the Iraqi forces in these clashes.
Daesh says it stopped the Iraqi forces attack and killed many Iraqi soldiers.
- Iraqi MoI says Iraqi forces destroyed 3 Daesh hideouts in east Qarma and killed a terrorist trying to plant an IED.
- Iraqi Minister of Defense visits the liberated areas in Qarma and meets with the tribal leaders there.
- Daesh publishes a photo of the Syrian terrorist who attacked the Iraqi forces in Nukhaib on Tuesday.
- Anbar GC Chairman in a joint press conference with Kerbala governor refutes the recent rumors about the behavior of the PMFs in Nukhaib. Many news sources reported the PMFs burned Sunni people houses in Nukhaib. He also says there are 7,000 tribal fighters being trained by the Americans in Habbaniya and asks the government to arm Anbar tribes.
- A source in Anbar GC says the Anbar Tribes Conference held in Baghdad today discussed the lack of arming for the Anbar tribes and the displacement problem.
- Daesh publishes photos of Hit city.
- Daesh kills young men in Falluja by throwing them from a building accusing them of homosexuality.
- An official at the PMFs says Iraqi Joint Forces started the military operations against Daesh in the areas around Baiji and they are surrounding Siniya from 3 sides.
- Iraqi Federal Police Commander says the Iraqi Joint Forces liberated Baiji completely and reached the main road between Baiji and Mosul.
- Anbar GC says it is highly unlikely for the displaced families to return to their houses in Baiji anytime soon because of the amount of damage in the city.
- Local sources say a Daesh terrorist attacked an Iraqi army tank with a car bomb in Baiji. Daesh says a Tajik terrorist attacked the Iraqi forces with a car bomb in Hajjaj area in south Baiji.
Daesh publishes a video from Baiji.
- The Mayor of Shirqat says families from the city left after putting their houses as a guarantee to Daesh and are crossing through Ninewa and Anbar to go to Nukhaib. He says Daesh started to arrest young men in Shirqat in order not to join the Iraqi forces. He also says Daesh distributed form of Baya’ (allegiance) on the people of Shirqat to force them to fight with the terrorists.
- A security source in Salahuddin says Iraqi Army Aviation launched an airstrike on a Daesh convoy in Shirqat killing 22 terrorists and destroying 6 vehicles. The source says the IAA intensified its airstrikes on Shirqat following Daesh terrorists running from Baiji. Local sources in Shirqat say Daesh ordered his terrorists to cover their faces while in the city in order not to be identified.
- Samarra Operations Commander says the IAA killed 21 Daesh terrorists and destroyed 2 vehicles based on intelligence information west of Samarra.
- Daesh publishes photos of shelling the Iraqi forces in Samarra.
- The local (Sunni) Commander of the PMFs in Tikrit says the PMFs made an agreement with the Salahuddin Police Commander and Operations Commander to allow boats to move between Tikrit and Al-Alam. Daesh destroyed the bridge between the two areas.
- An MoI source says 3 PMFs fighters and 4 Iraqi army soldiers were killed in clashes between the Iraqi Army and the PMFs in Zaidan village in Abu Ghreib in west Baghdad. The Source also says 11 others were injured.
DaeshDaily Comment: We couldn’t confirm this news from any other source so far.
- Iraqi MoD asks the former members of Saddam’s security agencies to report to the Retirement Directorate.
- A security source says 2 unknown dead bodies were found in 2 different areas in Baghdad. Another source says a third body was found in Jisr Diyala area in east Baghdad.
- An MoI source says 2 civilians were killed and 7 injured when an IED exploded in Nahrawan in south Baghdad.
- Local sources say a civilian was killed and 8 injured when an IED exploded in Hay Al-Amel in south Baghdad.
- A security source says an IED exploded near a wholesale market in Yousifiya in south Baghdad killing one civilian and injuring 9.
- Iraqi Central Investigative Court says 855 suspects of terrorism were released during last month.
- Baghdad GC says the MoI should be held accountable for the recent assassinations and incidents in Baghdad because it is in charge of the security file. The GC also says some political fronts are responsible for the assassinations.
- Iraqi Ministry of Human Rights says 34,000 civilians from central and southern Iraq were killed or injured during 2014.
- A security source says an IED exploded near Muqdadiya courthouse northeast of Baquba killing one civilian and injuring 3.
- A member of Diyala GC says the Liberated Areas Reconstruction Fund allocated 80 billion Iraqi Dinars (around 65 million USD) to rehabilitate the liberated areas in Diyala. The GC says 13,000 out of 30,000 displaced families have returned to their houses and the return continues.
DaeshDaily Comment: This number seems very low for an entire governorate that was heavily infected with Daesh.
- An MP from Diyala says Iraqi forces should deal with the “infected” areas in Balad Rouz and Mandili in east Diyala because of the recent security incidents in those areas. He says the terrorists “incubators” there are becoming active again because the Iraqi forces are busy in Salahuddin and Anbar.
- A security source says a colonel in the Iraqi army was injured when unknown men threw a hand grenade at his house in south Kirkuk.
- Daesh publishes a video of one of their suicide terrorists and say he stopped the Iraqi forces’ attack on Basheer village.
- Daesh publishes a photo of one of its Kurdish leaders, Mullah Shwan, who had been reported killed by a coalition airstrike.
- The Spokesman of the PMFs says they refuse participation of any armed force “with political affiliation” in the upcoming Mosul liberation battles, especially the forces of the former Ninewa governor Atheel Al-Nujaifi.
- A security source says the Coalition killed 5 Daesh terrorists and injured many others and destroyed 3 vehicles in an airstrike on Mahalibya area west of Mosul.
- A security source says Daesh executed an Iraqi Colonel and his son publically in Mosul. The source says the Colonel and his son used to work in the Anti-Corruption committee.
- A source in the Peshmerga says the Peshmerga supported by the Coalition air power stopped another Daesh attack on Al-Khazer east of Mosul killing or injuring 16 terrorists.
- Daesh publishes photos of shelling the Peshmerga south of Mosul.
- A security source says Jubour tribe clashed with Daesh in Badoush, 35 km west of Mosul. The source says 6 Daesh terrorists and 8 Jubour men were injured in the clashes.
- A Kurdish MP in the Iraqi Parliament says the KRG’s President Barzani sent his answers to Mosul Fall Investigative Committee. The MP says Barzani refused to answer some of the questions because they were personal and irrelevant to Mosul’s fall.
- The Chairman of the Security Committee in Ninewa GC says the plan to liberate Mosul has been done and the operations will start very soon. He says Iraqi Federal Police and the Golden Division will have a role in the plan in addition to the other Iraqi forces and the Islamic Resistance (Shia militias) and the PMFs.
- The MoI says the arrested 8 suspects in Basra from a new religious cult called Jund Allah were planning to kill Shia and Sunni clerics to create sectarian war.
- A security source says 2 Daesh terrorists disguised as displaced people were arrested in Diwaniya.
REPORTS FROM SYRIA
- Turkish Foreign Minister says Turkey will implement military operations in Syria if necessary.
The UPD, a Kurdish party in Syria, issues a statement asking the US and the international community to prevent and Turkish interference in Syria.
- World Food Program says it will cut the food supplies to the Syrian refugees in Lebanon to the half and might stop the program completely in Jordan because of the lack of funding.
- Local sources say the clashes continue in Hasaka but some families are returning to their houses in the northern areas of the city. They also say the Syrian regime’s helicopters threw 2 barrel bombs and bombed several areas in east Hasaka.
- A local source in Tal Abyadh says when the Kurdish forces entered the city some Daesh terrorists flee to Turkey or Raqqa but some of the local terrorists just shaved their beards and stayed in the city. The source says the same people worked as sleeping cells for Daesh and helped them in their recent attack on the city.
DaeshDaily Comment: The same could be said about newly liberated Iraqi cities where local terrorists just go back home as civilian or as displaced people. However, that doesn’t justify the bad treatment for the civilians by the liberating forces I Iraq or in Syria. A more substantial solution should be found to address this problem.
- A Syrian Kurdish military source says the Kurdish forces and its allies from Al-Burkan Operations started a military operation on Sireen town where some of Daesh terrorists who participated in the recent attack on Kobane had come from. The source says the forces captured 5 villages but refused to mention the names of the villages for security reason. Bas News says the operation will be a “revenge for Kobane martyrs”.
- Daesh publishes a video of public mutilation in Homs.
- Daesh publishes photos of shelling the Syrian army near Damascus.
REPORTS FROM OTHER MIDDLE EAST COUNTRIES
- The Spokesman of the Egyptian Army says 17 terrorists were killed in airstrikes in north Sinai. He says the clashes continue in Sheikh Zwaid area. Terrorists attacked 15 Egyptian Army spots and killed 64 soldiers in north Sinai. The Egyptian authorities declared an emergency status in Sinai and formed a special military operations room.
Daesh claimed responsibility for the attacks and says its terrorists are surrounding the police station in Sheikh Zwaid. Daesh says it attacked 15 Egyptian army and police locations and killed 80 Egyptian soldiers in the attacks.
- Al-Shabab says an Ethiopian soldier in the African Union mission left his unit and joined them.
- Daesh twitter accounts of the day