REPORTS FROM IRAQ
- An official source in Anbar says Iraqi security forces supported by the PMFs cleared the Al-Hitawiyeen area south of Falluja completely, killing dozens of Daesh terrorists, and moved on to liberate Zoba’a villages.
Spokesman of the PMFs says they have finished all preparations for the Falluja liberation battles. He says the attacks on Hitawiyeen and Zoba’a were preliminary to these battles.
Daesh says the Iraqi forces attack on Zoba’a failed.
- The MoD says a force from Iraqi Military Intelligence launched a rocket attack on Daesh locations in Falluja, killing 21 terrorists including the Saudi Abu Abdulla.
- A source in Falluja hospital says 23 civilians were killed and 12 injured in the bombing on Falluja by the Coalition and the Iraqi air forces. He says barrel bombs were used in the airstrikes.
DaeshDaily Comment: This is the first time we hear about barrel bombs used in Iraq and we think it’s highly unlikely.
- A security source says Iraqi forces liberated areas around Subaihat near Qarma and killed several terrorists, including a Libyan called Abu Saeed. The MoD says Iraqi Army Aviation destroyed 2 Daesh locations in Subaihat and one vehicle.
- Iraq’s War Media Cell says Baghdad Operations Command troops supported by the PMFs stopped a Daesh attack on Iraqi forces in Qarma, killing 25 men including their Daesh military leader in Qarma, the Iraqi Abu Ismail Al-Luhaibi.
Daesh says it attacked the Iraqi forces near Qarma, killing many of them and destroying 2 Humvees.
- Anbar Deputy GC Chairman says Iraqi forces supported by tribal fighters stopped repeated Daesh attacks on Ameriyat Al-Falluja during Ramadan.
- The MoD says Iraqi Army Aviation launched an airstrike on Malahma east of Ramadi, destroying a Daesh location and 6 vehicles.
- Iraqi MoI publishes a video saying Iraqi forces captured the Albu Assaf area north of Ramadi.
- A source in Jazeera Operations Command says Iraqi Army Aviation launched an airstrike on Daesh by the Al-Waleed border with Syria, killing 5 terrorists and destroying a vehicle.
- Local sources say several Iraqi soldiers were killed or injured in a Daesh attack on Jubba in Baghdadi subdistrict.
- A PMFs Commander says Iraqi forces are surrounding Daesh leaders in houses on the outskirts of Baiji District. He says Daesh is trying repeatedly and unsuccessfully to break the siege on those houses.
- Eyewitnesses say Daesh arrested 54 people in Shirqat after finding wall graffiti calling the people of Shirqat to fight Daesh.
DaeshDaily comment: Reports over the past few days suggest that the government has won the long showdown battle for Baiji, at least for now, but with Daesh still contesting this strategic location. Shirqat, an ancient city just northwest of Baiji on the Ninewa border, is the next target on the heavily contested road back to Mosul.
- Daesh publishes photos of the “ongoing” fights in Baiji.
- Local sources in Baiji say 7 Iraqi soldiers were killed and 13 injured in a car bomb attack in Fatha east of Baiji.
- The MoD says Iraqi Army Aviation killed 17 Daesh terrorists and destroyed a vehicle carrying a machine gun near the Strategic Line.
- Daesh says it detonated a booby-trapped house on Iraqi soldiers in Huwaish northwest of Samarra, killing 9 of them.
- A security source says an IED exploded on the roadside in Tuz, east of Tikrit, severely injuring a high school girl and two children.
- An MP says Iraqi will receive 3 F16 jets from the US in the coming days out of the 36 in the agreement. According to the deal, the jets will fly from Jordan because Iraq still doesn’t have proper airbases.
- The MoD says it received 4 military helicopters from Russia, which will be added to Iraqi Army Aviation’s fleet.
- An MoI source says one Sahwa fighter was killed and 4 injured when an IED exploded at their checkpoint in Mada’in in south Baghdad.
- An MoI source says 2 civilians were killed and 6 injured in an IED explosion in Abu Dsheer area in south Baghdad.
- Local sources say Iraqi police found 3 unknown bodies shot in the head and the chest in Hor Rajab in south Baghdad.
- Local sources say 4 civilians were injured in an IED explosion in Dora in south Baghdad.
- A security source says an IED exploded in Rasheed in south Baghdad, killing one civilian and injuring 4.
- A police source says an IED exploded in Mashtal in east Bagdad injuring one civilian.
- Vice President Osama Al-Nujaifi says the Iraqi government should provide safe places for civilians in Anbar before the decisive battle.
- The President, Council of Ministers, and Parliament have agreed to form a committee to follow up on the national reconciliation process.
- The Spokesman of the PMFs says the allegations of some Shia militias about the US supplying Daesh with weapons were baseless and without any proof.
- A video of Christian Iraqi volunteers joining the PMFs.
- The PMFs publish photos of the dead bodies of Daesh leaders who appeared in previous Daesh publications.
- A video of Iraqi soldiers arresting members of a Daesh sleeper cell in Baghdad.
- The Chairman of the Displacement Committee in the Iraqi Parliament says national leaders reached a deal with Diyala MPs and officials to have the displaced people from Diyala return to their houses in 60 days. He says 500,000 families will return according to this deal.
DaeshDaily comment: It might be a misprint, but 500,000 families is more than the entire population of Diyala and it would be a real problem if an official in this position doesn’t know that.
- Local sources say the bodies of 3 people kidnapped by the militias 2 days ago were found on the road between Muqdadiya and Baquba.
- A security source in Kirkuk says Daesh terrorists started to flee from Hawija to Shirqat with the advance of the Iraqi forces in Baiji.
- A security source says dozens of Daesh terrorists were killed or injured in an Iraqi airstrike on their convoy in Hawija.
- Kirkuk police says they raided several areas in south Kirkuk and arrested 11 suspects and confiscated 2 cars intended for use in terrorist attacks.
- A Peshmerga commander says his troops attacked and entered Al-Ghobiya village, a Daesh stronghold in southwest Kirkuk.
- A video of the Peshmerga killing the suicide terrorist who tried to attack a Shia mosque in Kirkuk last week.
- The Mayor of Khales in Diyala says 3 Daesh leaders in Hawija in Kirkuk are former Baathists from Khales.
- A local source in Ninewa says the Peshmerga supported by the Coalition air power captured 3 villages from Daesh in Qayyara southeast of Mosul.
- Kata’eb Al-Mosul says they targeted a Daesh pickup in Mosul with an IED, killing 2 terrorists. They also say they shot and killed 2 Daesh fighters in the Nahrawan area of the city.
- A Peshmerga Commander says Kurdish forces supported by Coalition air power bombed Daesh in Kassak, killing 10 terrorists.
- Local sources say Daesh executed a Sunni mosque Imam in Mosul, Sheikh Yasser Younes. The Sheikh was one of the leaders of the Popular Movement that started the demonstrations in Mosul against former PM Maliki before Daesh took control of the city.
- Daesh publishes photos of paving roads in Tal Afar (using Iraqi government equipment).
- A security source says the Director of Electricity Distribution in Southern Iraq survived an IED explosion that targeted his car in downtown Basra.
REPORTS FROM SYRIA
- Turkish media says more military reinforcements arrived at Kelis on its border with Syria.
- The director of Syrian antiquities says Daesh destroyed a historical statue in Tadmur museum. The statue was more than 3 m high and weighed 15 ton Daesh says it confiscated some smuggled statues and destroyed them.
A report about Daesh smuggling antiquities in Raqqa.
- Kurdish forces say they killed 4 Daesh terrorists disguised as YPG and FSA fighters in the Kobane countryside south of the city.
- Kurdish forces say they killed one Daesh terrorist and arrested 11 trying to sneak into Kobane from Turkey.
- Kurdish Red Crescent in Jazeera says they established a center to receive the displaced families from Hasaka. They also say they need more help from international organizations.
- Turkish media sources say the Kurdish forces met with the Syrian minister of defense in Qamishli and reached an agreement regarding the withdrawal of the Syrian forces from the city. The spokesman of the Kurdish forces says there is no agreement with the Syrian regime.
- Daesh says the Coalition air force helped the Syrian regime’s forces in Hasaka for the first time by bombing Daesh locations and movements while they were attacking Syrian forces. Daesh says it took over more areas in Hasaka. Syrian army says more reinforcements arrived and it is continuing its advances in Hasaka.
- Daesh says its terrorists took over 10 buildings and are advancing in the Damascus countryside.
REPORTS FROM OTHER MIDDLE EAST COUNTRIES
- A Tunisian official says 8 more people were arrested for being directly linked to the terrorist attack last week.
- A Tunisian newspaper says Daesh is sending Libyan and Tunisian terrorists to other countries after they get trained in Sirte in Libya. The newspaper says the Tunisian authorities refuse to allow any Libyan with a passport issued in Sirte from entering Tunisia because of Daesh control of the city. One of the people trained in Libya was the terrorist responsible for the attack on the hotels in Tunisia.
- A Kuwaiti lawyer sues 100 citizens and other residents accusing them of being Daesh members. (Non-native residents of Kuwait are generally not eligible for Kuwaiti citizenship.)
- Eyewitnesses say a car bomb exploded near the Yemen Central Bank in Sanaa, killing and injuring many civilians.
- Egyptian army says 17 soldiers and 100 “radicals” were killed in the clashes in Sinai. Egyptian army publishes photos of dead Daesh terrorists and their weapons in Sinai. Egypt closes Al-Salloum border with Libya. A full report about Daesh attacks in Sinai.
- Moroccan authorities say they arrested 9 people who were recruiting for Daesh online from different cities.
- Local sources say Daesh shelled civilian houses in Derna in Libya. A local source says 6 Daesh terrorists ran away from a prison in Derna but the Kata’eb Abu Sleem militia found them and killed them.
- Local sources in Misrata in Libya say a shipment of Turkish weapons and military clothes arrived for the “terrorist groups” in Libya.
- Daesh captures Sawawa, a town 7 km from Sirte in Libya.
- A Nigerian MP says Boko Haram attacked 2 towns near Monjon, killing 48 civilians and injuring 11.
- Daesh Twitter accounts of the day