- The commander of Badr Militia says Ramadi liberation operations were stopped temporarily to give civilians a chance to leave. He says Iraqi forces are 20 km away from Ramadi.
- Iraqi MoI says Al-Suqour cell in coordination with Iraqi Army Aviation arranged an airstrike on a Daesh meeting in Al-Qa’im killing 16 terrorist and injuring 11. The Ministry published the names of 9 important Daesh leaders who were killed in the airstrike.
- A tribal leader from Anbar asks the Iraqi government to provide humanitarian aid to the families trapped in Haditha and Baghdadi.
- A PMFs Commander says Iraqi Joint Forces completed the liberation of north Anbar and are moving ahead towards Thirthar Dam to join the defense forces there. He says they found 17 bodies of Daesh terrorists killed by Iraqi Army Aviation bombing. He also says Iraqi forces captured 24 Daesh terrorists, 5 Humvee bombs, and other vehicles filled with weapons.
- A Police Commander in Anbar says Iraqi forces liberated and now control 8 areas around Ramadi.
- An Iraqi Federal Police Commander says his troops stopped a Daesh attack on Iraqi forces east of Ramadi.
- Iraqi MoD says Intelligence units launched a rocket attack on Harariyat in Falluja, killing 22 Daesh terrorists, including 5 foreigners.
- Iraqi MoI says the Minister issued an order to pay the salaries of Anbar police, retroactively to March, after visiting several bases in Anbar.
- The PMFs say they arrested 3 Daesh fighters trying to transport weapons in small buses in Qarma.
- A source in the Iraqi Federal Police says 9 Daesh terrorists were killed in bomb traps installed by Federal Police Commandos east of Ramadi.
- An Anbar police source says Iraqi Army Aviation launched airstrikes on multiple areas in Ramadi, killing many Daesh fighters. The source also says Iraqi forces killed 3 Daesh members trying to plant IEDs east of Ramadi.
- A member of Ameriyat Al-Falluja Subdistrict Council says his son was injured in a Daesh mortar attack on the town.
- An Anbar Police Commander says Iraqi forces killed 6 Daesh terrorist by shelling their hideout near the Japanese Bridge north of Falluja.
- A video of the Iraqi soldier trapped in Ramadi for 20 days after Daesh took over and saved later by Iraqi forces supported by the Italian Air Force.
- Daesh publishes photos of final exams in Anbar.
DaeshDaily Comment: Education is a major concern for Iraqi citizens trapped in areas under Daesh control. The Iraqi government will not recognize the results of exams in those areas and the students have already lost a year or two of their education. The government will have to address this issue and provide solutions for the students and their families.
- A commander in Asa’eb Ahl Al-Haq says they found the bodies of 90 foreign terrorists in Baiji. He asks the diplomatic missions in Iraq to go to AAH headquarters if they have any citizens among the dead terrorists.
- A local official in Zuwiya Subdistrict north of Tikrit says Daesh terrorists planted heavy machine guns on house roofs preparing for an attack from Iraqi forces. He also says Daesh destroyed 400 houses there, claiming that the houses belong to members of the security forces.
- A security source says reinforcements have arrived in Baiji in preparation for a major attack on Shirqat and Zuwiya in the coming hours.
- Daesh publishes photos of tribes pledging allegiance in Salahuddin.
- Daesh billboards in Salahuddin.
- Daesh publishes a video of its operations in Salahuddin and the three suicide bombers in Baiji.
- A security source says 43 Iraqi officers were sent to military courts for their role in the Speicher massacre.
- An MoI source says a suicide bomber detonated a car bomb in a trade area in Shu’la (Shia) in north Baghdad, killing 6 and injuring 20.
Daesh claimed responsibility for the attack.
- A security source says a car bomb was found and disassembled in Qadessiya (mixed-mostly Sunni) in west Baghdad.
- A security source says an IED targeting an Iraqi police patrol in Taji north of Baghdad exploded, killing one policeman and injuring 4.
- A security source says one civilian was killed and 7 injured when an IED exploded near a popular market in Mahmudiya south of Baghdad.
- The spokesman of the PMFs says their concentration now is on liberating Falluja in Anbar and Baiji, Siniyya and Shirqat in Salahuddin. He says Falluja is “the head of the snake” because most Daesh leaders are there.
- The Commander of the Iraqi 11th Division says his troops completely cleared and secured the Dhira’ Dijla area between Baghdad and Ramadi and will participate in Ramadi liberation battles.
- Baghdad Operations Command says the Iraqi 60th Brigade stopped a Daesh attack in Al-Abed area north of Baghdad killing 8 terrorists and destroying 2 vehicles. The BOC also says the Rapid Intervention Forces killed 2 terrorists in the Annaz area in west Baghdad and destroyed a construction shovel bomb in near Al-Mazra’a Bridge in west Baghdad.
- Daesh publishes photos of rocket attacks on Al-Mazra’a.
- Baghdad Operations Command says its troops killed 9 Daesh terrorists and destroyed several vehicles and hideouts in different areas of Baghdad and Anbar.
- Eyewitnesses say a policeman and his two daughters were killed when an IED exploded near their house in Latifiya south of Baghdad.
- An MoI source says 2 civilian were killed and 6 injured in an IED explosion near a popular café in Jisr Diyala in south Baghdad.
- A security source says an Iraqi soldier was killed and another injured when a sniper targeted their checkpoint in Arab Jubour south of Baghdad.
- Daesh claims responsibility for the two car bomb attacks on Palestine Street in east Baghdad yesterday.
- An official source says unknown armed men shot and killed a Mukhtar (local community official) near his house in Qara Tappa.
- A source in the Iraqi Police says Iraqi forces killed 27 Daesh terrorists near Himrin Hills who attacked several villages while disguised as policemen. The source also says 9 civilians were killed and 16 injured in 2 IED explosions in north Baquba.
- A security source says Kirkuk Police raided an area south of the city and arrested 3 Daesh members including a former colonel in Saddam’s intelligence agency as well as a former Saddam security officer.
- Daesh says the 5th group of terrorist trainees graduated in Kirkuk.
- A security source says the Coalition launched airstrikes on 3 Daesh weapons storehouses and a training camp near Hawija.
- A video of Mosul displaced people in Erbil.
- A member of Ninewa GC says 120,000 Iraqi Christians have been displaced from Mosul and Ninewa Plain since June last year.
- Local sources in Mosul say Daesh executed 130 people, most of them members of security forces, in the first anniversary of the city’s fall. They had been in Daesh prisons for months.
A source in Ninewa police says Daesh executed 20 more army officers south of Mosul.
- A member of the Security and Defense Committee in the Iraqi Parliament says Ninewa liberation battles will start after the month of Ramadan.
- Eyewitnesses in Mosul say Daesh removed the main celebration dais in the city using bulldozers. The dais has been used for the major celebrations including Mosul’s Spring Festival. (Photos)
- Local sources say Daesh announced job vacancies in their “education department” and promised good salaries.
- Daesh publishes photos of its terrorists in Al-Khazer near Mosul.
- Daesh publishes photos of the final exams in Tal Afar.
- A security source in Kerbala says the security forces caught and disassembled 7 car bombs trying to enter Kerbala from Nukhaib in Anbar based on intelligence information. He says the cars carried displaced families also. (Photos) A security source says the Kerbala government issued orders to prohibit entry of cars from Nukhaib after the incident.
- Daesh publishes a photo of the passport of the American citizen who was killed while fighting with the Kurdish forces in Kobani.
- Kurdish forces say the arrested a Daesh “Emir” after killing his associates west of Tal Abyadh.
- Daesh publishes a video of bombing Kurdish forces in west Hasaka with Katyusha
- Jaish Al-Islam says more of their reinforcements are coming to Al-Qalmoun to launch a major attack on Daesh.
- Daesh popular activities and games in Aleppo.
- And more services in Raqqa.
- Majlis Shoura Mujahidin Derna, a Libyan terrorist organization linked to Al-Qaeda, announces a holy war against Daesh in Libya after the killing of one of its leaders, Nasser Al-Aqar, in clashes with Daesh. Aqar, 55 years old, was an Al-Qaeda terrorist in Afghanistan.
- Egyptian Ministry of Interior says 2 terrorists were killed by police and a third injured in a failed terrorist attack near Karnak Temple.
- Daesh’s Sinai branch announced its responsibility for a Katyusha rocket attack on Al-Joura airport in Sinai. The airport is used by International Peace Keeping Forces but no one was hurt in the attack.
- Hassan Nasrallah, leader of Hezbollah in Lebanon, says Daesh started the fight against them and they will be defeated.
- Daesh twitter accounts of the day