REPORTS FROM IRAQ
- Al-Akbar Lebanese newspaper says local armed groups were formed recently to fight Daesh inside Falluja. The groups attacked Daesh several times including an attack on the house of Daesh’s deputy Wali (governor) of the city and the assassination of 4 Daesh terrorists last week.
DaeshDaily Note: We found the link to the original source, Al-Akhbar, but it wasn’t working.
- Local sources say 10 civilians including 4 children and their mother were killed in the Iraqi bombing on Zoba’a villages south of Falluja.
Daesh publishes photos of the results of the bombing on Falluja.
- Daesh publishes photos of manufacturing IEDs in Falluja.
- Iraqi War Media Cell says Baghdad Operations Command forces supported by the IAF and IAA and the Coalition air power killed 17 Daesh terrorists in Qarma and destroyed 14 locations and 2 tunnels in addition to an armored construction shovel. The IWMC also says BOC killed 10 terrorists and destroyed one vehicle in Abadi area. Anbar Operations Command killed 3 terrorists in Iwaisat in south Anbar.
- A local PMFs Commander says the PMFs attacked Daesh in Luhaib south of Qarma and killed 25 Daesh terrorists. He also says he was wounded in the attack.
- A member of Anbar GC says Daesh established a Sharia court in Ramadi.
- Anbar Operations Commander says Iraqi forces stopped a Daesh attack on Qarma killing 30 terrorists and destroying 4 vehicles carrying machineguns and rocket launchers in addition to 2 car bombs. He also says Iraqi ground forces are about to clear Qarma and its surroundings completely while Daesh is trying to stop them by digging trenches and sand barriers.
- Anbar Police Commander says Iraqi forces attacked Daesh in the northern outskirts of Ramadi killing 14 terrorists, including foreigners, and destroying 3 Humvees, a car bomb and a rocket launcher.
- A security source says Iraqi forces supported by tribal fighters launched a preemptive attack on Daesh while preparing to launch a major operation on Khaldiya from 3 sides. He says the attempt was defused and dozens of Daesh terrorists were killed or injured.
- A security source says the Iraqi Air Force and Army Aviation launched airstrikes on several areas in Anbar based on precise intelligence information and killed Daesh leader in south Falluja Ayad Al-Marzouqi and 5 other terrorists in one of the airstrikes.
- Jazeera Operations Commander says 150 food trucks and 6 fuel tanks arrived to Haditha.
- Anbar GC Chairman asks the Minister of Interior not to transfer 40 of Anbar police officers to Baghdad and says Anabr needs them to fight Daesh.
- Daesh publishes photos of executing an Iraqi soldier in Anabr. They didn’t mention he was a Shia, so most likely he was a Sunni.
- Saraya Al-Khorasani, a Shia militia, says they cut Daesh supply lines between Himrin hills and Al-Zarqa village in east Salahuddin.
- A security source says a general in the PMFs was killed in the fights against Daesh in Baiji. The source also says 3 Daesh terrorists were killed in clashes with the Iraqi forces in Fatha in east Baiji.
- A source in Salahuddin Operations Command says Iraqi forces captured 90% of Baiji and controls the three main roads with Tikrit, Siniya and the refinery. He also says more reinforcements arrived to the Iraqi forces in order to attack Shirqat.
- Daesh says an Iraqi suicide terrorist attacked Iraqi forces with a car bomb in south Baiji.
- An MoI source says one civilian was killed and 7 injured in an IED explosions in Mashtal in east Baghdad.
- The IWMC says the Iraqi Air Force launched 18 airstrikes and the Iraqi Army Aviation launched 9 airstrikes all over Iraq. The IWMC also says the Coalition launched 12 airstrikes killing 21 terrorists and destroying 5 vehicles and 6 locations in different areas in Iraq.
- An MoI source says one civilian was killed and 4 injured in an IED explosion near a fish market in Mada’en in south Baghdad.
- Local sources say an employee in the Shia Endowment was killed when a sticker IED exploded in his car in Shaab in north Baghdad.
- A police source says a body of unknown man was found shot in Baladiyat in east Baghdad.
- A police source says unknown armed men shot and killed a civilian in Tarmiya in north Baghdad.
- Iraqi security forces launch search campaigns in Huseiniya and arrests terrorist suspects (video).
- Iraqi and Syrian sources say Daesh defused a coup attempt on Baghdadi and executed 13 of its leaders.
- Diyala GC says 30,000 families were displaced from their houses when Daesh took over some parts of the governorate. The GC says 2,500 families returned to their houses in north Muqdadiya but still no family has returned to Jalawla and Saadiya but they expect 200 families to return to Saadiya next week.
- An MP from Diyala says the Iraqi government should give a bigger role to the Diyala tribes who fought Daesh and support them in order to secure their areas and hold the ground.
- Dijla Operations Command says the PMFs launched a search campaign near Diyala River and arrested 2 suspects and confiscated IEDs and explosive materials.
- An MP from Diyla says 45 officers from Jalawla Emergency Regiment, who ran away last year when Daesh captured the subdistrict, returned to their jobs based on the amnesty given by PM Abadi. She says the MoI approved the return of 79 officers but the remaining 34 have not been reinstated yet and she will check with the MoI about them.
- A security source says an IED exploded in north Kirkuk city killing 2 civilians.
- A security source says Coalition drones, based on precise intelligence information, bombed five Daesh locations in Hawija killing 15 terrorists and injuring 26.
- A security source says Daesh detonated the houses of Hawija Police Director and his father in a village near Hawija.
- A source in Ninewa Operations Command says the IAA bombed 2 Daesh houses in Hammam Al-Aleel south of Mosul killing and injuring dozens of terrorists.
REPORTS FROM SYRIA
- Turkish PM says their troops will move (into Syria) if the Turkish security was threatened. He also says according to the current situation, a unilateral Turkish interference is not on the table now. A Turkish official says Ankara will make a move if the Kurdish forces capture Jarablus, a Syrian city near the Turkish border west of the Euphrates.
- A new video of Kobane after Daesh’s attack last week.
- Kurdish forces say the liberated several villages and hills in south Kobane and Tal Abyadh countryside killing 6 Daesh terrorists.
- A Syrian Sunni mosque Imam was killed by an IED under his chair in the grand mosque in Damascus countryside.
- Syrian Network for Human Rights says the Syrian regime killed 5 journalists in June while Daesh killed 4 in the same period.
- Daesh billboards in Raqqa.
REPORTS FROM OTHER MIDDLE EAST COUNTRIES
- Daesh publishes a report about their recent attacks in Sinai. And the Egyptian authorities publish a video.
- The Israeli army says a rocket was launched from Sinai on south Israel.
- Arabic media reports an explosion in the National Security Building in Asyut in Egypt.
- Egyptian authorities publish new details about the assassination of the Egyptian general attorney. The attorney survived the explosion but a speeding car hit him intentionally after he left his armored car.
- Libyan military sources say Libyan army stopped an attack by the terrorist groups on Buhdima area in Benghazi.
- Local source say Fajr Libya bombed Daesh location in Nawfaliya injuring several terrorists.
- Kuwaiti people respond to Daesh attack on a Shia mosque with a unified Sunni-Shia Friday prayer.
- Saudi authorities say a police officer was killed and another was injured while trying to arrest a suspect in Al-Ta’if. They also say they arrested 3 Daesh supporters.
- Libyan intern Prime Minister says a national unity government will start to fight Daesh as soon as it gets formed.
- The Tajik High Courts sentences a man to 18 years in prison for recruiting terrorists to join Daesh.
- Daesh audio newsletter.
- Daesh Twitter accounts of the day